View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
Easy guys. Take your corners.

I'm now better edumacated on the various amp sounds available. I've listened to dozens of recordings, to my bandmate's Vox AC30, Fender Princeton 68, and Fender Super Champ, and to a music shop employee on a Fender Mustang 40 GT.

I believe that for what I do, a modeling amp is gonna fit the bill. I hear the musical sag, and the oddly warm sparkle of tubes when run quite loud, but the cost analysis fails me right now.

So I'm pretty sure I've decided on a Boss Katana 100/50/0.5 W head. That'll give me five main amp "flavors", and a whole truckload of Boss engineered effects at bedroom volumes, and the ability to power a cabinet if needed, and a recording output.

Thank you very much for your input.
Good on you for doing some homework!

This set up sounds like it will work just fine, and nobody knows what you need more than you.

I agree there are modeling amps that more than fit the bill. I like tubes, but I have modeling amps as well and find them to be very enjoyable with lots of versatility. You can get a lot of bang for your buck with a good modeling amp. They are durable too. Absolutely nothing wrong with your choice, so feel good about it. If you ever decide to go with a tube amp down the road, you can go that route.

Good luck, and keep us posted.