View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua White View Post
My Taylor has a bulge in the back of the guitar (I know it's supposed to be like this) the wood on the back basically comes out rounded instead of flat and straight.

My question is that if I lie it on it's back in the case and leave the case flat on the ground, will it be bad for the back of my guitar? Would it be better to lay the case on it's side so that the weight pressure isn't being put on the rounded back?
The "weight pressure?" Here is how I think about it: The string tension is somewhere around 150-200 pounds. Divided between the headstock and the bridge, that's 75 - 100 pounds pulling on each side. It's like standing the guitar upright and having a small person stand on the bridge.

I'm pretty sure the back can take a few pounds of weight pressure...

I have a GS Mini and toss it around when camping and traveling. It gets left in 100 degree heat in the car when I'm in the woods in Arizona and don't have a choice, it gets crammed into overhead compartments, and I've had it fall over (in the case) numerous times at airports. The Mini can handle a beating.