Thread: Guitar supports
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

I also have the SageWorks Support, one for my Bill Brunton classical guitar, and one for my Huss & Dalton 00 (essentially a steel string version of a classical guitar - 1 7/8" wide nut and 2 5/16" wide saddle string spacing, 12 fret). I have one each of the taller and shorter supports, and find I like the shorter one better for my body size.

One of the magnets in my classical guitar came loose and was rattling around inside. That guitar has lattice bracing, which consists of a whole lot of little braces. I was concerned that even if I reinstalled the magnet, it could come loose again so I removed the whole thing.

The Huss & Dalton seems fine with the SageWorks support, so I will leave it in that one.

In the past, I have tried several different suction cup contraptions, as well as the Dynarette. I didn't like any of them because they just didn't feel solid. For an expensive guitar, that uncertainty is just not a good thing.

The most stable support I have ever found is a strap. The problem is that I just can't bring myself to put strap buttons on such beautiful instruments.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...