View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM

I agree that Dropbox is a nice tool for storing and using files. However, if you are trying to use it live there are a few drawbacks. Scrolling is one of the problems. You can't scroll from right to left, just up and down. So if you are going through a list of songs, in my case a set of P&W songs, you don't have time or the extra hand to scroll around. Also, there is no way to touch to scroll, or use a Bluetooth controller to turn pages. You can do that with the other apps that were created for this. Another great benefit of UnRealBook and Onsong is the ability to connect to other iPads in a live situation. That's a great feature if you are playing with others who have iPads and the same app.

I use Dropbox to load and store my files and am sold on that aspect of it, but for me, in a live situation, I need some additional features that these other apps provide.

I do like the ability to share files through Dropbox, but after reading the disclaimer on their site about sharing copyrighted material, I'm a little concerned about using it for that, if I am loading files of original music PDF's.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?

David