Thread: Da Capo 75
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 06:04 AM

It may be the case that you just need to get my head around how flat and balanced the DC75 is. I know when I started using AER amps my initial response was “where is all the bass that I was getting with my Alto 800w 12” cabs?”, but then started listening more to my guitar in a room Vs my guitar through the Compact 60/4 and realised that it just replicates the sound of an acoustic guitar, which of course doesn’t have all the bass hype and boom/woof that a 12” top offers.

I’ve had the pleasure of listening to a couple of friends do guest spots at my shows using my Sunrise equipped SJ200 through my C60/4 and the out front tone is incredibly natural and musical. That balanced, flat response takes some head recalibration though after going through big rigs for years, and I’m sure the DC75 is similar.

Vocal wise, my C60/4 is a perfect match for my voice and I prefer singing through it to anything else I’ve tried in 3500+ shows and 23yrs on the road. I can see how it may not suit singers with a different timbre, though. I’m intrigued to hear how the DC75 fares for vocals.
‘97 Martin D18GE (Sunrise)
‘01 Takamine EAN46C (Palathetic and CT4B)
'02 Takamine EAN20C (Palathetic and CT4BII)
'15 Gibson SJ200 Standard (Sunrise)
‘19 Vintage Paul Brett Viator VC Classical
‘20 Sigma CF-100 copy (Sunrise)

Capos by G7th, amplification by AER.