View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcstokes59 View Post
I am a late learner as I only started 2+ years ago. In that time I have owned 3 Martins (000-18, 000-15SM and GPRS1), 3 Taylors (514ce, 516 Fall LTD and GS mini), 1 Rainsong, 1 McPherson Touring, 1 CA Cargo, 5 Eastmans (E8D, E10 00ss/v, E40OM, E10OM-TC and E10D-TC) and 1 Cort Parlor. I have bought most of them used and flipped them because I preferred something different or had issues with the neck/nut and in one case went with something less expensive. I currently have the last three Eastmans and the CA Cargo. The reasons they remain - I like the way they sound. I like they way they play. I can afford them. The interesting thing is the COO never played a factor in deciding what came or what went. I think that it is amazing that you can find stellar guitars from Ireland, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Canada, USA, Japan, Korea, China, Australia etc etc. You can just as easily find dogs from each of those countries.

Maybe I am lucky in that I didn't grow up playing guitars and wasn't influenced that "It has to be an X" or "Only a Y is good enough". I am enjoying the variety regardless of the COO. Just my 2 cents.
You just started and you have a warehouse of guitars already! Well done!