View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Follow-up: I loaded the EV and JBL apps on my phone and went to a local Guitar Center. It was cool because the salesman allowed me to play around on my own, without any sales pitch or bias. I had recorded music on my phone that is in my style (just just straight acoustic guitar and vocals). I started with the JBL, and had no luck maneuvering the software to get my phone paired. I then went to the 30M and figured it out pretty easily. I liked it overall. I then asked the salesman to help me with the JBL, with no luck pairing either my phone or his. He mentioned that they previously had a lot of trouble when the system first came in—so I never got to hear it. We then connected the Evolve 50 (not the M), and I did a back and forth comparison between that and the 30M. I really preferred the larger system’s fullness and warmth. I looked at the Bose 16 which I had previously auditioned (and liked), but I was pretty much sold on the Evolve 50’s sound, software, and robust (wood and aluminum vs plastic) construction. So I ordered a 50M since I wanted the mixer, and put it through it’s paces during the 45 day approval period. While I haven’t had it out to a gig yet I’m real impressed the system overall. I’ve tried it with and without condenser mics, an external mixer, and slaving my Bose S1. I even dialed in a decent sound with an electric archtop. While it’s not 100% perfect, I feel it comes the closest overall for my needs, and set up is fast and easy! It is a little on the heavy side, but not bad, and I plan to get the rolling cart. I was also swayed by hearing a local artist performing at both indoor and outdoor venues locally, and the sound was excellent (and I got to sit in on it). I did think about also buying the Bose to audition at home for a month or so before deciding, but I feel that the Evolve gets it done for me.

Last edited by Stringmaster; 01-18-2022 at 06:51 PM.