View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
It sounded to me like the tone was the same with the IR dial at noon and the dial full clockwise. I agree with Petty, NuX support and my own observations. There is no blend function. Just for insurance, however, I will do a recording experiment where the IR dial is set at 9 o'clock and the gain is set for a healthy recording level. After recording that, I will set the IR knob at full on and lower the gain to approximate the same recording level. Then I will normalize the sound samples so the peak amplitude is the same and we can compare them. I'm curious to see if the change in both dial positions makes any tonal difference at all.
Thank you for the post! I think where the confusion comes from is that people are so used to a blend control that when they see "IR level," they automatically think that, that's what it does. Honestly, I thought the exact same thing until I did some research. I have seen a few YouTube demo guys refer to it as a blend control and that's not correct.

The IR level control, which Nux outlined to me in an email response and which is in the manual, is for simply turning up the IR. It's not blending from dry to processed as you have pointed out. It's simply to correct any potential drops in volume from a created IR.

To be completely honest, if this was a true blend control, I would be all over the Optima Air as I think it sounds awesome.

Edit: Just thinking about it further, was there potentially a firmware update recently that made this a true blend control? If so, Nux didn't advertise it.