View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
https://soundcloud.com/guitaniac/tes...social_sharing

I've been playing around with the Optima Air for a few days now. For my taste at least, its quite possible to get pleasing tones from the Optima Air by itself (no external EQ needed) using the factory installed IRs.

The big surprise has been the sheer amount of EQ needed to get a pleasing sound from any of the stock IRs. Perhaps the UST in my guitar is dramatically different from the USTs in the various guitars used the create the stock IRs. In any event, it took much less EQ manipulation to get the most pleasing tone from the dry UST signal. Go figure.

To sum it up, its now my opinion that a lot of EQ experimentation may be necessary to get the best from this box. I even needed plenty of EQ on my user created IR, but that may well be because of poor mic placement. I've yet to experiment with mic placement much, as I've been sidetracked playing with the stock IRs. They don't necessarily sound like the guitars being modeled, but several of them sound pleasing to me.
A martin om28 IR will not make your guitar sound like a Martin.
I am astonished people still think it works like that.
The Martin OM28 ( as an example) is intended to be used by martin om28 guitars to reproduce their sound while being miked.