View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDave View Post
Thanks. I just decided to keep my guitar as is. It sounds good enough already.
Sound/tone is mostly unrelated to ease of play - "playability" of a guitar. A properly set-up guitar should be a joy to play, and should allow you to fret notes easily, enhancing your ability to create your sound.

The amount of force required of your index finger to barre all 6 strings, as required for a barre chord, should not be difficult. With just a weeks "strength training" you should be able to play a 4-5 minute song, comprised of all barre chords without getting tired or cramping.

Additionally, the grip strength or force required to fret that barre chord should be just as easy on the 1st fret (for your F major) as it is up higher on the neck...

Properly done, the guitar should play easily and not buzz.

In my opinion, the guitar being set up nicely for you has a HUGE impact on the enjoyment you get out of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
Actually, it really isn't very complicated.

This might help, an article I wrote on basic guitar setup: http://charlestauber.com/luthier/Res...May%202015.pdf
^This guy provides fantastic advice here on the forum regarding how to get your guitar working properly. When he chimes in - PAY ATTENTION!