View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 01:50 AM

Thanks Bill, Bob and Jeff for your responses. You guys on this forum are always make conversations so inviting (=

Emailed them and the GM (Amilcar) has been answering my queries and been helpful with trying to help me get a piece. Seems like they prefer us to work with local dealers than speak to Kevin himself. Maybe the only way is through a phone call after all time difference between the states and Singapore is going to make that challenging, but I will try to drop him a line if I end up with a custom and see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc View Post
I have had 3 Ryans over the years, a MGC, the Cathedral prototype, and a Nightingale. None were custom guitars to me. I bought the first two from Kevin directly (eventually sold the Cathedral). I purchased the Nightingale from Guitar Rez, here in Austin. There are several dealers that carry his guitars these days. I think Eddie's has a pretty good inventory of them. I talked to Kevin a bunch on the phone and at Healdsburg. He is a terrific guy. I think he may have a couple of people working for him these days. If you are on Facebook, you should check out his site. Just about every day he posts pictures of guitars that will make your mouth water.
Hey Jeff, why did you sell the Cathedral in the end? Curious to hear your thoughts as I was actually looking at the Cathedral more than the Nightingale as it seems to promise a fuller bass and headroom during strumming.

Was it because it was too big? Or was it a wood combination issue?