View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 AM

Default Dropped to $2175+ Stunning Taylor 618e Grand Orchestra 1st Ed. (Sitka/Big Leaf Maple)

Transaction did not go through, so this beauty is back on the market! Priced for quick sale at $2175 net to me (buyer pays shipping and any fees).

This is a gorgeous Taylor 618e Grand Orchestra rare "First Edition" in pristine condition. Only 100 of these guitars were made, featuring beautiful appointments and extras, including the inlay on the headstock not found on the regular production model. This was the first guitar designed for Taylor by luthier Andy Powers, and it is incredible!

With its stunning Sitka Spruce Top (featuring some bearclaw) and three-dimensional Big Leaf Maple back and sides, it delivers an incredibly balanced sound from a big guitar. You feel the piano-like bass in your chest, and the highs have a nice sparkle. A dream to play. Not a mark on it. Recently assessed by a pro guitar tech - neck is perfect, no fret wear. 1 3/4" nut width.

I had an L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup system professionally installed, but the original Taylor Expression System preamp, controls and wiring are still intact (Note: Taylor ES endpin jack component is not currently inside the body of the guitar, but will be provided - it would be easy to swap out the Baggs if desired to revert to factory condition).

The guitar has barely been played, used a handful of times in my pro studio, and always kept humidified in its case with a digital hygrometer.

Comes with original Taylor hardshell case (also mint), First Edition leather strap and certificate, extra bone saddle (brand new, made by the great Bob Colosi - never installed), and the hygrometer.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...jRToaR36yURTe6

Last edited by musicmandave; 07-31-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: clarification of specs