View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd View Post
This looks interesting, but am I the only one that is unable to download any of the "Beginner and Intermediate Guitar" .tef files? The Advanced, Chet Adkins, and Banjo .tef files all DO seem to be available.

There's a note at the top of the page that says the tabs are for private students only. I don't know if that means they are for "private use only" or if actually have to be an active student of Mr. Baker's in order view them. If the later is true, then it seems silly to have them listed on the public website.
Hmmm... this did not used to be the case. They were all available before (for quite a few years).

I guess the lesson here is that if you find a great collection like this, download all the pieces that might ever be of interest to you when you can. Websites are not forever.

Incidentally, if you get the full version of TablEdit (not an expensive program), it will read Midi files, which would allow you to make tablature (and standard notation if desired) for these arrangements. You'd likely need to do some editing (moving some notes to different strings) to make tablature that was fully playable, though TablEdit does a pretty good job of creating reasonably playable tablature from the start).