View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Scott, I'd love to attend one of your band's shows as what you play is the kind(s) of music I really dig having grown up through the Folk Era with bands like The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers, along with The Kingston Trio and other folk groups. I've only recently heard of Great Big Sea as one of their songs was recently played on NPR's World Cafe by host Raina Douris, a name you're probably familiar with.

By the way, it was -42° Fahrenheit up in Timmins, Ontario, this morning, a place near and dear to my younger days.
That's awesome! If I can find a way to upload some videos to Youtube of my band playing, I will definitely send you a message! My wife actually gave birth to our daughter (first child) on New Year's Day, so it's been a bit chaotic here! I am also a teacher and have had to transition back to online for a bit so there's a few guitar related/Youtube things that I have been meaning to do, but have not had the chance!

I actually live around Newmarket (just North of Toronto), so I am not sure where my celtic/folk love came from, but I have always had a connection to the East coast. I grew up listening to the Rankin family (another incredible east coast band) and then GBS. Great Big Sea broke up back in 2012, but Alan Doyle still tours and he is incredible.

I have never been to Timmins, but the drummer in my old band just moved there. I did however go to University in North Bay, so I absolutely get the cold weather. It's crazy how bitterly cold it can get!