View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 06:47 AM

I am taking private lessons with Richard Gilewitz via Zoom. I started with him in hopes of learning songs by Leo Kottke and John Fahey, which might not be of interest to you. HOWEVER, contrary to my expectations, where he has helped me the most is on all the little details thta can make me a better player: right hand position and technique, learning how to learn and practice a piece, learning how to practice with a metronome, improving left hand technique, learning how to minimize body tension as I learn and play (which has reduced stage fright when pkaying for others), etc. So I am very much going back to the basics, the way you are describing.

If you can possibly afford to do so, I’d urge you to take some individual lessons with Richard. The individualized guidance and instruction is so valuable. For me, I need him to “catch me in the act” again and again to realize and correct the flaws in my approach, and to relearn better habits and technique.

If you can’t afford individual lessons, then check out his offerings on TrueFire…you will get some (if not most) of the content I am learning. And TrueFire doesn’t cost much.