View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee300 View Post
I've spent a LOT of time in Nashville and I STILL see producers' helpers bringing in a pair of Yamaha NS-10Ms. These producers are not old guys either. They're just "consumer" enough and pro enough to reflect what most consumers will hear in their mix. Then of course, it's sent off for mastering. For the money you're budgeting, these would fit. And I must add, it's not only country music producers using these.
Yeah, but the issues that I found are:
1) they are discontinued
2) I do need something that I can monitor a bottom end with. The NS-10Ms are lacking in that frequency range.
3) The HS80s don't have as much wiring because they are active, have a larger woofer, and allegedly will cost less at the end of the day
4) The NS-10Ms will be GREAT if I was more involved in this recording and mixing stuff but what I do is amateur/young-pro level stuff ---- DEMOS and for that I don't have to have a perfect mix even though I would like to get as close to pro as I can

So... I will leave these to the pros... I posted an add on craigslist and hopefully he will buy them.