View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

A lot depends on your budget and playing style. My wife and I (acoustic duo) use a dual Bose S1 Pro setup plus an EAE StompMix X6 digital mixer. This is a very modular system that allows us to use just a single S1 with one guitar and one mic for the ultimate in small, lightweight battery powered and super fast set up plus great sound.

But the S1 all by itself is limited in power, effects, EQ and input options. At $600 it's also not cheap. Add some sort of input preamp (the X6 in our case) and the S1 becomes a very loud and outstanding system. Slave a second one and now you've got a ton of tone, volume and dispersion. But you're also looking at well over a grand, closer to $2,000 depending on your preamp.

On the other hand, a really nice little dedicated acoustic amp can give you a sound that is more than good enough for at-home practice and play that will also give you enough for small venue gigs as well for a fraction of the price. You can pick up a used Loudbox Mini or even better, Artist, for $300 or less. That's a lot of amp for the money and will also have much better EQ and effects options.

If your budget allows then something like the EAE D6-8 system which is basically a small yet powerful amp with the wonderful EAE mixer built into the amp will give you more inputs, way more EQ and effects options through a speaker that sounds outstanding but in a single package. But you'll also pay more, upwards of $800-ish new.

So it sort of depends on you, your budget and what you want. If it was just me, starting over I'd go with the EAE amps as they offer everything I currently love in a single package. But just about anything you've mentioned would work well.