View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:00 AM

It's a system, they are all connected... everything affects everything... cue mystical music and eerie smoke effects...

Seriously the information given herein is really good stuff. With that said, I could really easily set up a guitar with 1/16" action height (my normal 12th fret action setting) all up and down the fret board, every fret would have 1/16th" string height. It would play like junk, it would buzz with any volume, and it would be really hard to play from the first to around the fifth fret. But you could do it.

One of the artifacts of how the guitar works is that if your nut action is right, your 12th fret action is right, your neck relief is right, the amount of work needed to press down the strings is pretty constant no matter where you are on the neck. You might need to press down .010" at the first fret or .06" at the 12th fret, but it takes a similar amount of pressure. It's neat how that works out.