View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmccamey View Post
If it is still tight, you can lay the saddle flat and sand the sides. As you say, not too much. I had to do this with one of my bone saddles...a few strokes on each side with 320 grit, a finish with a few strokes of 1000 grit and a final polish with toothpaste.
Great advice, as of now it's as I said microscopically thinner, and still very snug (though less so than before). My hope is that I rarely if ever will have to take it out again. There really was a lot of saddle there, and I think that's probably by design by SCGC, thinking you'll get it set up properly for your playing environment. Fortunately I live in very temperate climate, and the room where my guitars are kept stays between 45-55 RH year round (according to my hygrometer which retains months of data) and between 68-78F. So hopefully this is a stable enough environment that this is the "final" setting for it. Yes I know over the years and decades the neck will start to rise so at some point I'll have to take a little more off, but hopefully not for quite a while.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars