View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyException View Post
You seem very focused on what you want. I think most of those 'traditional' beginner guitar courses are really geared towards people who just want to "learn to play the guitar" without having a specific style or genre in mind. I'm not suggesting they're not useful, but when you're new and everything is challenging, it's off-putting when the thing you're struggling to master is something you really have no desire to play.

Hope this helps.
This was great, thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I'll check out some of those links. Right now I think I have a good handle on my path forward. I'm still using standard tuning but at this point in my learning curve that's not a hindrance. I do need to learn the fundamentals, become more accurate with my fingers on both hands. I'm picking the guitar up 3 or 4 times a day and doing about 15-20 mins each session. Starting with spider drills, some chord changes and for the fun part once warmed up, learning some 12 bar blue riffs. I see slow, incremental improvements and I'm good with that. This is a long term project and I'm having fun.