View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
However, it's now a few years later and I have had both an MD and an OM by Jason, and I have to admit I'm playing the MD more than I ever thought I would. It's far less of a "freak-show" guitar than I'd thought it would be after first playing one. When I'm playing steel string, both get around 50% of my time whereas I thought initially that the MD would only come out for weekends. The MD is actually a far more balanced sound than first impressions would have you believe.
That's the proof of the pudding right there. I've got two hand-built guitars that almost never come out their cases and yet, when they first arrived, I was gushing over them like a schoolgirl with a teenage crush. I wonder how I'll like my Walker in a few years? There's no way of knowing for sure, but I'd guess it's a keeper! The Model A I mentioned earlier from German luthier Heiner Dreizehnter still amazes me after having owned it for maybe 10 years (can't remember exactly, but it must be about that). I paid only EUR 2500 for that guitar and have played many guitars costing way more than that since then that couldn't hold a candle to it. I guess sometimes you just get lucky!