View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winblows View Post
... it's the only short cable I have. None of my other cables does it (same cheap brand).
Is it because of the length ?
Quote:

Quote:
Maybe, I should resolder both plugs?
OK some clarification is definitely needed (is English a second language for you ?) I ask because your posts as written and pictured are very confusing .

#1 In answer to your first question NO hum is normally not a condition of how long or short a cable is.. Loss of signal level can become an issue because of very long runs of cable like (100 ft or more ) ,, but usually "hum" is grounding fault, regardless of length.

#2. In your OP you mention " it's the only short cable I have" which sounds like one cable then in the your photo you show two cables ?

#3. As MarkF_48 pointed out, You need to clarify exactly what cable/s you are actually talking about . From the photo it appears as thought you talking about the speaker cables from your interface to your monitor speakers. YES ?

If YES , then the first thing to do,,, is first find out if it is just one cable , or both, that is causing the " hum" issue

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4