View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 11:02 AM

The sub is a bit heavier than my L1C sub, but the bigger issue is the size and shape of the sub. The 30M sub is larger and has the shape of a cube vs. the L1C which is smaller and has a tapered shape. The tapered shape of the L1C makes it easy to carry. I found that the 30M was banging into my legs as I carried it. I haven't decided whether to purchase the rolling case yet. Maybe after carrying the sub from the parking lot to the venue a few times I will want the rolling case.

The set up was as simple as setting up my L1C: place the sub where I want it, insert the two extension poles, and place the speakers on top, and run the power cord. All the pieces just slide into position, no screwing pole pieces in and are held into position using magnets. I felt that the tower was much more sturdy than my L1C. I've had occasions where members of the audience have come up to talk and they like to reach out with their hand and lean on the speaker column (drives me nuts!!!).

The app is very easy to use. The "thumb wheel" control on each channel page makes fine tuning a setting very easy and accurate. Once down in the channel page, you can scroll left or right to the other channel pages as well as the Main, Aux, and Effects pages. Very simple and easy. At the gig, I connected the app to the 30M, recalled my preset, and made some minor adjustments using the app. I did notice that about 2 hours into the set, the app had lost its connection to the 30M and I had to reconnect. Not sure why.