View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I played that 000-12 today and it was mindblowing, just mindblowing. Beautiful trebles in particular - very complex. It did the Collings super-refined hi-fi Martin type sound but with none of the sterility. One of the top 10 guitars I've ever played.

I've no idea what a 00 would sound like but I'll be first in the queue to try one.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, I am envious of your having a chance to play that 000. I visited John just last week and played a 00 in Euro Spruce and curly maple that was previously owned by Al Petteway for several years. Fantastic guitar and one of the best maple guitars I have played - warm, balanced, articulate with wonderful overall timbre. Particularly amazing mids and trebles. It was for sale and if it had been a 00 cutaway it would definitely have come home with me. Also played an OM cutaway with Adi top on which John had just replaced the original wooden bridge for an ivory one at the customer's request. It was absolutely spectacular but sadly not for sale.

Did you have the chance to play any other guitars during your TAMCO visit? If so, perhaps rather than us hijacking this thread you could give us a new thread about any other exciting things you had a chance to sample if you have time and it isn't too inconvenient - there are SO many amazing guitars on the website.

Schwartz Oracle and Oracle SJ / Ryan Nightingale / Schoenberg Sexauer 00/ Martin Custom Shop 00 / Martin Custom Shop 00028-VSC / Schwartz 00 Coming