View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Yeah, T1 surely at its best with the L1, but I use it as my dual-source blender with house systems (and sometimes the line channel on my Schertler David, when the venue is too small for the L1) just because I already have it, and can't really justify the cost of another high-end pre-amp/blender/EQ box when this one is so good and function-rich. Plus I know it well, it's portable and clamps right onto mic stand with the QwikStix tray (THAT is something which really grows on you...).

Still, not sure I would buy the T1 absent the L1, given its price. And it's really the T1/L1 combination which is so compelling, for me.

Re: the question on EQing the Dyn -- it does require deep cuts. I use a downloaded T1 'preset' (just a pre-centered set of EQ bands optimized for a particular guitar/pup combination) from the Breedlove bank, called 'Mando with Schertler Dyn'. That just seems to sound a little better than other presets I tried (there are no other specific to the Dyn) but I still find myself max'ed out on bass and mid cuts.

If there were some way to try out the T1 with your Dyn and G-B, I'd advise a trial run.

R.Taylor Style 1 Cocobolo/Engelmann; Martin: OM-28M Rosanne Cash (Adi/Madrose); Custom Shop OMC-21 Juber (Gautemalen/Moon Spruce); CS 000-28 (Italian Alpine/Madrose); Santa Cruz OM Custom (Brazilian/German Spruce); Kevin Ryan Mission GC Brazilian/European Spruce