Thread: CA/Peavey
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumalot View Post
Glad to see a thread going on CA!

About the innovation, I have one of the first post-Peavey GXs, and for me, it's perfect. The only thing I would change is to ditch the built-in electronics and go with a K&K. Any other innovations might, in fact, be a downgrade.
I think CA still leads the pack in design in two important areas, comfort (sculpted back) and the clear (no heel) neck join. And the thin neck option is the only CF on the market that gives you a Stratocaster feel on an acoustic.
So the question is, what would Peavey do to innovate? Getting The Blade back in production with a few tweaks would be good.

Any other ideas?

Maybe we can get Peavey in here to listen and comment.
I agree about the sculpted back and no heel as being the best that I've tried. I no longer have my GXi but I quite liked it. If I was going to get a new CA, it would likely be a GX. One negative about CAs is that I think they tend to be heavier than other CF guitar brands. If it'd be possible, I'd like to see CA lighten them up. Then again, that would likely change the tone which could be a good thing, or not so good. As for the Blade, yeah, I agree that CA should reintroduce it.