View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderman57 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to dabble a little more in recording songs I write so I’m after some advice. I’m pretty old school and usually just hash out a hook or if I’m lucky a chorus, a verse. I grab my acoustic and use a little digital memo recorder (a little Sony) I use the built in mic and just strum & sing what I have. It does record in Wav format and works well as I can then USB it into my computer and send it off to my band mates and they can give a listen and when we get together they usually will contribute.

What I’d like to do is be able to multi-track a little. I play a bunch of different stuff like Mandolin & Banjo so sometimes I’d like to be able to add that to my original recording. I don’t really want to get into adding mic’s and such. Really the same approach I’m using now but with the capability of running a few more passes with an internal mic. I could use headphones to monitor my previous pass.

A little learning curve is OK but really I’d like it to be as simple as possible but with more passes and a way to upload them into my computer so I can send them out as Wav’s or MP3’s.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi b-man...
My son is kind of old school and we bought him a small standalone 4 track recorder for Christmas - Tascam DP-004. It's about $150 and very easily laid out. Runs on AA batteries, and he likes it a lot.

Built in stereo mic and inputs for the rest of things. It's really quite small - about 4'' X 6'' X 1.5''.

Lots of YouTube help videos (how to do things with it).

Hope this helps...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…