View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

I have three different component stereo systems spread around my house and in my studio. One of the receivers I have is an HH Scott receiver I built as a kit back in 1970. It's in the family room, which is really a music room with a nice piano. The receiver still works just fine, and I use it to drive a couple of old Fisher speakers from that same time period. I use only the FM receiver and the CD player, though recently I connected a TV up to it so that visiting grand kids could watch the minimal TV they watch in the house.

I like watching a movie with good sound. In my studio I have a 42" LCD TV connected to a newer 170w/ch Denon receiver using two Rectilinear III speaker systems from the late 1960s. My wife and I watch TV up there, almost exclusively movies, so that we don't have to have a TV in the house (except for visiting grand kids). Truth is, we don't watch TV very much.

We have a component stereo in the living room hidden in a corner with some small Kenwood speakers and we use this system for listening to CD's. The CD player is a changer, capable of reading a USB flash drive or CDs with MP3. I'm listening to Nat Cole's old album, "Love is the Thing" as I write this. My dad used to listen to this album on vinyl when I was a kid back in the 1960s.

- Glenn