View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
That's still one of the Korean-made E-Matics - good choice, since it seems all the 5600-Series semi-hollows have now gone over to Chinese production . BTW here's a pic of my own go-to gigmeister, a 2015 Korean G5622T-CB: 3 Super Hi-lo'Tron pickups (a true humbucking design based on a modified Filter'Tron - the original Brooklyn-style Hi-lo's used in the vintage stuff and the current '60 Anniversary reissue are single-coils), the obligatory Bigsby, those cool Synchromatic-era cats' eye soundholes, every Gretsch tone you've ever heard - and a few you'll never get from any other guitar; it's a shame they were discontinued - IME it's the most versatile instrument Gretsch ever produced:

Hope you've got a nice tube amp to keep it company; if not, I've been using one of these for the last ten years: takes you from the bedroom to a 600-700 seat hall, clean as you need or dirty as you want, with more tone than anything this inexpensive (~$400 if you catch a Holiday/Coupon Sale Day) is supposed to have - excellent match for a Gretsch (voice of experience here), and if you're a tweaker at heart it's very responsive to tube/speaker swaps:

https://www.bugera-amps.com/product....odelCode=P0B03
Maybe next purchase, at the moment I'm using a FRFR. Headrush 108 with a Joyo American sound pedal going into a mixer to the speaker, I did have a Bugera AC60 and it was nice,
I've got a bunch of tubes to play with, so maybe soon ill pick up a tube amp