View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I'm betting on this being the case. The new X7 body, bigger than the old X7 for better tone and all the benefits of the sculpted X20 body contours but with a little more intimacy, comfort, and better access to the higher frets.

Add to this a 24.6" scale neck for a little more fret spacing, a more comfortable neck shape/carve - something like a soft V - and then a K&K pickup for bulletproof amplification performance and I think you just might have THE perfect combination of Emerald guitar that covers ALL your bases.

Find yourself an awesome woody veneer and then add a few additional special features to make it a one-of-a-kind looking guitar and you just might be in carbon fiber guitar nirvana. Fortunately, I have exactly this guitar on order and is due to be completed and shipped very soon. Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you all know if I'm right!
I took delivery about two weeks ago of the new model X7 with the neck scale custom to 24.6". It is an excellent combination!!!

Note that the neck still connects to the body at the 12th fret. Alistair moved the bridge .6" lower to make it a 24.6" scale.

Last edited by Jim K; 11-30-2018 at 10:52 AM.