View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

I'm glad I'm not alone on this!

I think it's interesting to read that in Ryan's case and in Dark Eyed Junko's case the move to nylon was to explore different styles of music. Have the rest of you who have switched to nylon kept playing exactly the same stuff you were playing on steel and preferred the way it sounded, felt, etc. when played on nylon strings?

For steel string coverts to nylon, are you using a flat pick? I started with a flat pick and in the last month or so that is completely gone and now I'm playing with bare fingers, no nails and occasionally trying a thumb pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Alexander View Post
Personally, I feel that selling my last SS was a mistake. I felt good about it at the time, but regretted it almost immediately. I've decided to keep the better of the 2 flamenco guitars and now have the other up for sale to fund another SS. My impulsiveness got the better of me this time. YMMV
Ryan,
Why do you regret selling your steel string? That is something I've been pondering. I talked with a friend of mine today who plays primarily nylon and he said it would be nice to have a steel string around for when the steel string mood hits but we both agreed that a Collings (my current steel string) is probably too much guitar to have just "laying around!"

Matt