View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM

I use (and love) TP40's. The TP40 is just the right size and thickness for me, and I love that it works no matter which way it's rotated. I tried the TD35 and TD40, and they felt too small even though they are the same size as the standard size Dunlop Tortex I'd used for years. I tried several thicknesses of TP and TAD, and a CT55. I only sent back the TD's and CT55, so I have several Blue Chips I don't use regularly, but sometimes they're nice to have in the pick jar. I keep a TP40 with every guitar and one in my pocket all the time. And I haven't lost one yet! One of these days I'll get a few more, but I'm not made of money so I'm kinda putting it off.

I'm primarily a strummer, but a couple years ago I figured out that I needed something better than my Tortex picks for flatpicking and single note runs. I found my playing limited by my picks, which is saying something because I'm not the most amazing player. I tried a lot of picks before I settled on the TP40. It took some adjustment to make the thicker picks work for strumming, but my sound is so much better with the Blue Chips, and of course they work great for all the other stuff too. I don't feel limited by my pick anymore, now it's just my ability. So at least I've solved one problem!

If there's something better than a Blue Chip, I don't know what it is. I can't imagine ever playing with anything else. That's just me though.