View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 06:50 PM

Well what's the point of this whole CF subforum then? We might as well sell off all of our CF guitars since we "overthink" this.

Joking aside there is so much truth to all of this. My father-in-law has a Conn 12 string (I think it's a 1970-ish) that he never humidifies. We live in Colorado where the winter can get down to <15RH at times. Not a crack or neck reset. I know of others who started playing before people wore helmets for bicycle riding and when cars didn't have seat belts, and they too have guitars that have never been humidified aside from what mother nature gives them. No cracks and no issues.

Having said all that- I personally love CF and I'm considering going all out. We are open-minded but not so much that our brains fall out. These guitars still better sound good- real good if you want thousands and hundreds of dollars for them. But we buy them because they really do sound good. Never mind that we can go anywhere with them worry-free.

So, what's the woodiest? My vote goes to the OF660, the CA Cargo and the McPherson Sable.

Last edited by steelvibe; 05-31-2019 at 08:52 PM.