View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
I wonder if Colortone stain would work for other colors.
https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_an...id_Stains.html
So long as you use it as mentioned above I would guess you could use those to get whichever color you desired. I did try black stain on it's own, that was one of my failed methods. The stain just wouldn't absorb into the bone even when I put it in the can (sealed) for 6 weeks, not even a drop. Mixing it with vinegar should work fine while following the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I don't have any problem fine-tuning intonation on my electrics, which all have adjustable saddles, but I've never messed with it on an acoustic. Did you have to sand any of the string contact points to move them slightly fore or aft or was the intonation fine out of the package? The stock saddle has the guitar perfectly intonated and I'm not that confident about trying to adjust that.
I never adjusted anything else on the saddle beside the height as of yet. It is compensated, just not quite like the stock tusq saddle. That also makes me wonder why they use that particular saddle with all that crazy compensation on it. Is it really necessary, I don't know. To set intonation properly you should be using a strobe tuner, which I don't have. If I check the saddle with my ears it sounds fine or with a normal chromatic tuner. I can tolerate sharp or flat a few cents if that was the case. Adjusting the intonation on an acoustic is certainly not as easy as on an electric but there are several things you can do. It unfortunately requires constant loosening the strings, tweaking, than retightening to check. It is a bit of a pain. Once I get it put back on I'll check everything over and report the findings. I never even bothered checking the intonation on the X20 with the stock tusq saddle (yet).