View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 02:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
I'm in love with this already, Mark! That redwood is amazing, and I'm looking forward to hearing what this guitar's unique take on the Hatcher sound will be! Thanks for posting all of this and letting us follow along!

beth
Thank you beth! I'm glad you love this already because there will be a lot more. A guitar maker's view through history as it relates to guitars and the art of lutherie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Another fun Hatcher build to follow and enjoy! Love that redwood and the story behind it. A deep body 00 is one of my favorite shapes and sizes in guitars.

Best,
Jayne
I'm enjoying doing the research for this build. There are a lot of stories when you go old! This train route was quite a sensation in it's time. Here is a clip from an 1899 Women's Journal Magazine ad. I suppose you might call it 1800s style targeted marketing but, I'm sure they had a different name for it back then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation1 View Post
Awesome project, thanks for posting!
You're welcome, I'm excited about this project too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Typically mahogany is lighter than rosewood. Just sayin'.

That redwood top is mouth watering. This whole project is just too exciting, Mark - I'm going to be following closely!
I hear what you are saying. Spanish Cedar is lighter than Mahogany and that will find a place in the neck. The back and sides will be different though.

It's great to see the excitement this has already generated!

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher