View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Always glad to reply. I bought my FGX5 sight unseen. Most of my guitars that way in fact.

I did, however drive to Sweetwater to audition my Takamine P5DC. I'm glad I did. I've added the body sensor to it and it is in the top 5 of my guitars plugged in tone-wise. The neck profile takes some getting used to and the guitar is fairly heavy. Also, it takes 4 AA batteries which isn't a deal breaker but I do worry about them going dead mid-gig.

The FGX5 has a light that comes on to warn you when it's two AA batteries are about to die.

Without question, the Cole Clark system will not disappoint. There again, I bought mine sight unseen and the neck profile is very different than I'm used to.
The Tak pro series is another one I'm considering. I'm a little leery of the Cole Clark because never heard a demo of it acoustically that excited me.

Yeah, I'm mostly concerned about the stage sound, but the acoustic sound is not unimportant. My preference is one guitar for stage and home.

Can you tell me a little more about the Takamine compared to the CC? Did the body sensor add anything significant?

Last edited by rb1591; 06-17-2022 at 04:10 PM.