View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghthawk View Post
My wife and I are moving this year for the first time in 21 years. It is amazing the amount of unadulterated clutter (including literally hundreds of books) that one can accumulate in that much time!

We are downsizing from a 2700+ square foot behemoth to a more reasonable 1600 square foot retirement home. We are going to do some serious weeding out!
I bet it will feel very good to you both.

Libraries enjoy getting book donations if they are in good shape. CDs and DVDs/Blu-Rays as well.

They may not end up in the collection but if not, they will end up in a library book sale which also helps the library and, by extension, the community.

You might want to check ABE Books online if you think you might have anything valuable. A lot of books that are certain editions or which are out of print can fetch quite a bit.

You didn't ask, but I'm going on:

Larger items like furniture and things such as clothes, kitchenware, assorted miscellany, can be donated. Some places will even pick up the things you are parting with, and Goodwill at least if not other places will give you a form that allows you to write off your donation on your taxes.

Good luck and congratulations on retirement. I will likely have to work until the day I drop.

- John Shedd