View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesNotChops View Post
I'm interested in a Rainsong Shorty and wonder about the difference between the all carbon and the composite. I know that Rainsong has stopped making the Petteway, but it's still possible to order an all carbon, just not a Petteway. I spoke to Ted at LA Guitars who preferred the composite. Ted is, of course, quite knowledgeable, but I also wanted to hear some other voices as well

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
First off, thanks for the kind words, I do love carbon guitars, and have some on hands experience with them, and I enjoy sharing that knowledge. As to the all CF Shorty vs the standard hybrid/CF combo, I may have suggested the all CF version to you based on our conversation, but the standard model might actually work better for some folks. For instance, if someone fell in love with the tone of the APLE but can't find one, than we can order them the CO-OM1000NST, which will have standard tuners and electronics, or the CO-OM1100NST without electronics, and they will have a guitar that looks, and sounds identical to the APLE.

FYI, the first guitar Rainsong built with hybrid back and sides, and unidirectional top was our LA1-LE limited, about 3-4 years ago. At that time I advertised that guitar as the warmest Rainsong you can buy, and I still feel that way about this combo. To me it's sort of like comparing Sitka Spruce to Adirondack, they are different, but one isn't necessarily better for everyone.