View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

I own the Shorty APLE (Petteway) and it's an incredible sounding guitar. The unidirectional top makes for a very pronounced bass that non-unidirectional tops seem to lack. The OM sized body, UD top, and short scale 12 fret takes the very best of the CF guitars and combines into one incredible sounding and looking package. The bronze burst color is beautiful and the upgraded Fishman Premium Blend (UST plus internal mic) make for a complete package.

Highly recommended. They pop up here from time to time. I was actually thinking of selling mine but decided to keep it. There's a couple on Reverb but they are pricey. The fact that they are no longer making them I think are driving up the prices.

The other CF guitar I have experience with (owned) is the Emerald X20 Artisan. This is also an excellent guitar. Very nice sound, amplified very well. Of the two I prefer the APLE for the short scale, and deeper bass tone from the UD top. I have no experience with hybrid CF guitars. I guess I don't see the point of mixing CF with wood or fiberglass.

Last edited by Methos1979; 06-22-2016 at 05:21 PM.