View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
For me it had to be the D6-8 because I need the channels. One D6-8 can handle two singers plus a guitar, or two singing guitar players. The extra stereo input could be a keyboard or a Play Acoustic (or VE 8). Also, the D6-8 has extra features like high pass filters, notch filters, EQ with sweepable mids, and multiple DSP effects that aren’t on the other EAE models.

45 people might be pushing it as far as output levels go on any 40 watt system. That’s why I also bought the Bose S1 for extra coverage. The D6-8 mixer is stereo and designed to be used with another EAE system. The specs between the d6-8 and the S1 are close enough that they work well as an 80 watt total stereo pair.
appreciate the color on your experience and preference. IF i'm someone who will not be taking advantage of multiple channels, and like to keep things simple (not tweak eqs if don't have to), and dispersion is a main criteria, It seems the BOSE would be my choice AS LONG AS the sound quality is right there with the EAE. are you equally as happy with the tone quality of bose S1 vs the D6-8?