View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naccoachbob View Post
LOL, I'm like Fallboard, I was a little hesitant. But I did my own un-scientific research just now. I looked at the names of the people on this thread who gave positive "reviews" of the package, and they have all been here long enough that I doubt they could be shills. The only name I really recognized was Broadus' because I've seen him post a number of times. But some of the others have been here several years as well. I think one has been here 10 yrs.
Based on my obviously excellent research , I too ordered the "pre-viewed" course, and look forward to a great learning experience.
Throughout my life, I've learned one thing...........I ain't an organizer. I need guidance on things like this and on building guitars. So the structure of this course should help a bunch.
Glad to see this topic, as I've been wondering where to go, who to see, what to do about playing better and better.
I can strum with Travis Tritt, Vern Gosdin, Charlie Daniels, and Waylon, but I want to be good enough to play a song and have folks recognize it even if I'm not singing.
Thanks guys,
Bob
The one thing the course will not do is change the personality of the student. On this I speak from experience.

I zipped through Lesson One with daily practice. Ditto Lesson Two. In Lesson Three I started missing days for no particular reason. Then I decided to skip ahead to see whether I could get away with it. My practice days (as opposed to strumming and singing days) became less frequent. At this point I can't recall exactly how long it's been since I worked on a lesson.

The above mirrors my experience with other books/videos/DVDs over the years. What's different this time is that I've surveyed the lessons well enough to know that this course addresses the entire skill set, at least at a beginner/intermediate level, in a systematic, well-paced way.

I'm now fairly sure that I don't actually want to improve. If I did, I would work the course daily as Steve laid it out.

A veteran is someone who at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'