View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 08:08 AM

Default NGD RainSong Vintage V-DR1100N2

It's in the UPS network as of Thanksgiving Eve. It left the UPS center near LA Guitar Sales last night according to the tracking. Should be here Wednesday.

So here is the bad news, I'm an unreformed guitar giver (not including my son, one Fender, three Martin LXs, one Yamaha, one Samik, one Epiphone, and now a second RainSong). There will be no accurate A-B test against RP's old H-DR1100N2. However I bought the Vintage strictly because I'm supporting my son as he starts up a company and I thought, why not something for me just because it looks nice.

There is now one freshly minted MSW (college loans, truly distressed clients, low pay) who now has a decent guitar to survive Boston's weather and car storage in the sun and cold (upgrading a $200 Samik eyesore I gave her a decade ago).

Such a relief from another eBay hassle and I can think of myself as a decent human for a few minutes, instead of a retired capitalist sociopath :~).

High res pictures to be posted soon. There are three of them I can find pictured online. Two of them show some strange jagged stuff along the edge of the spruce veneer which I'm hoping are JPEG compression artifacts. Also, it seems RainSong is working its way through a stack of veneers sliced from the same piece of wood.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields