View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemo6string View Post
A little update on the guitar/amp journey.

I'm really liking the Tele more and more. Perhaps it's because I'm playing it every day... I'm pretty adaptable to what's in my hands. And since I put the Beefy Slinkies on it, 11-54, it feels even better. The Tele/Music Man combo is a pretty nice re-introduction to electric playing.

I'm pretty enamored with the Eastman 386 semi-hollow. That's my favorite so far. And I was able to try the Gretsch Electromatic. I'm not sure about the Gretsch, but it might be because I was playing through one of the Orange Amps. I didn't really care for the Orange. Still leaning towards a Princeton Reverb or even a Super Champ, perhaps. I do like that the Music Man has bass, MID and treble controls. The Princeton/Champ amps have only bass/treble. As for the guitars, the Gretsch sounds really good for a couple of tunes, but then I want something a little more diverse. So right now it's Fender Tele vs. Eastman Semi-Hollow.

Still looking, still playing. And still listening.
If you're liking the Tele, and maybe still wanting a little less weight, and would prefer not to exceed your original budget, you might like to check out this G&L -

http://www.guitarcenter.com/GL/Tribu...tric-Guitar.gc