View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 05:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhooper View Post
Hi,

I'm new to posting on the forum, although I've been reading entries for a while - loads of generous sharing of good information here!

I am looking for recommendations for quality nylon string crossovers with the best quality amplified sound and tone (ones with built in electronics/pickups.)
I'm looking in the $2-4K price range.

I'm pretty new to crossovers and nylon strings, having played steel strings previously. I am in the process of trying to locate a Cervantes Signature Crossover 1 for purely acoustic use but I'd also like another quality crossover that would be used solely for amplified playing.

If anyone with more knowledge of this would be willing to make me a few recommendations I would be more than grateful! Cheers guys!
Dom,
I am going to assume that you're interested in a 'crossover' nylon because of their typically having a smaller neck than a traditional classic guitar, okay?

The most widely used crossover nylon strings are Kirk Sands, at least when you are looking at the higher priced spread. Takamine has made a 'crossover' model since the early 1990's, at least, and their electronics are just fine.

Here's a Cervantes for sale in case you're interested:https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/ce...od-spruce.html

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but I'd outfit the Cervantes with an LR Baggs system, and then get a Tonedexter to bring it to the top of its game.

You actually can have your acoustic cake, and plug it.

HE