View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
I'm preferring the ToneDexter sample, but my perception may be off because that sample is somewhat louder than the Aura sample. You could try normalizing the samples so that they have the same peak level. Albeit, if one sample is more compressed, it will still sound louder even if the peak levels are the same.

With respect to feedback, I'm having no problem with the Barbera Soloist/ToneDexter combo on a noisy stage. (The Soloist doesn't compromise the guitar's acoustic tone, either.) Last night I tried a Sololist/iRig Acoustic Stage mic in the same environment and it was a feedback disaster. I could barely blend in any amount of mic signal without a problem. Albeit, the Soloist/iRig mic combo sounds very good at a moderate amplification level in my basement.
I heard it the same way as you did; The TD sample was louder. Also, I can see more frequency range content in the Tonedexter wave file compared to the Aura. So it's clearly louder and there is more fullness in the midrange. I think I could achieve similar results using EQ. Maybe not.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com