View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:21 AM

Wink Guitar Center Northwood is gone, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdavies View Post

There is also a used Northwood in Guitar Centers listing at a good price. It has been tempting me for a while so you might be able to get it for a better price than listed. I have owned a Northwood guitar and it was an excellent instrument.
The Guitar Center Northwood is gone, I snagged the Northwood 00 concert sized cutaway with K&K PU for a travel and gigging guitar. I just heard back from John at Northwood and he says it was a custom 2012 build of (port oxford) cedar over walnut. It needs a tiny bit of tweaking but is a fantastic guitar and stoked I took the gamble not knowing what I was really buying. The Northwoods sell new for $3K to $4k+ and you can find a good assortment from Kenn Fox, of Paramount Guitar, who is a great knowledgeable and honest retailer of wonderful quality guitars. If you look hard and are patient, you might find a Northwood for less than $2K used. Used boutique guitars can be had for under $2K used if you are willing to stray from the big names, I think many of them are great bargains.