View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
Hi Cibby. I played one of these at Russo Music in Asbury Park NJ last year and believe the run was limited to 75 guitars. It's a nice guitar and like you mentioned, it has the Luthier's Choice 1.77 nut chunky neck. If you are used to the scrawny necks of most Gibson J-45s and J-45TVs, this one will be a bit of a handful at first. It is a medium-fat C shape but I liked it a lot.

As for the tone, it's fairly lively and airy sounding, but that particular day I played it, I remember saying to myself that a J-45TV was probably the better buy, given that the J-35 Collector's Edition was selling for similar money but would likely take a bigger hit in a resale situation given it is a custom run. In other words, it wasn't special enough in my view to make it a 'gotta have' if that makes sense.

The two that Wildwood Guitars has/had have been there at least 9 mos, FYI.

Personally, I might consider waiting just a little while longer before buying anything until the new J-45 Vintage shows up...any day now. That will be the replacement for the J-45TV and it will have the torrefied Adi top.
Thanks that helps a lot. It sounds like the neck I'd be happy with but I agree that they don't appear to be selling very fast. I'm in no rush to get one as I've been looking at them for a couple months and it does not appear they have sold any.