View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 PM

I was (still am) a huge Feet fan. Liked the first two albums.. but the band with Paul, Bill, Sam, Richie and the amazing Kenny Gradney on bass was the best live band in rock and roll (IMHO, of course). I saw them a number of times before Lowell passed away. The only time I saw them after was when I wandered next door at a rehearsal studio complex and watched Bonnie Raitt rehearsing with them for a tour. Good times! My favorite show was at the Tower theater in Philly in 1974. Opening act...Allen Toussaint! What a night that was."Goodbye Columbus" is a tremendous document of how really great Feet was live. They sounded exactly like that. I don't know if they showed this in the documentary, but Lowell had this little gambit he liked to pull on people. He would ask you for a light...and when you gave him your lighter he would palm it and not return it. He had amassed a huge collection of stolen lighters I understand. I know it's true...he did it to me!
Keb Mo 00, J-35 Collectors Edition, 12-Fret AJ,
Some Taylors, 612-CE 12 Fret, Custom 12-Fret Walnut, 814CE, Custom 2015 Engleman over Ovangkol GA,752ce LTD 12x12
Rainsong C1100-NS, Recording King RP 626 Schoenberg