View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:36 PM

Default Guild F4 CENT hr

Hello AGF,
I'm a new member/old guy. Very recently retired,(last Friday). I'm a performing musician (Full time now I guess?!?)

Short Story: My "EX" was looking for a Guild to rotate into her performance to give her SongBird a break. This F4 CE came up, she went/looked and it was pretty rough. When she declined the purchase the seller actually said, "Just take it then." Her repair tech accurately quoted a price beyond what the guitar is worth $600 +/-. SO she sent it along via my son to the retirement dinner my kids took me too, and said Congrats on Retirement, now you'll have time for a project.

The Shutterfly album is HERE

The neck is straight, needs frets but it would be playable. Theres the slightest belly behind the bridge, 1/8" - 3/16".

I've made a short list of tools and am prepared to do the tough work as needed to broaden my skills. While I'm not a luthier, I have hands, eyes and skill with wood and instruments.

IS it possible to jig up this guitar, steam and gently pull (or push) this top into position, and will it stay? Worst case? a new top & neck reset? Happy middle ground?

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. After reading a few forums I thought this one would be my best choice.

Gary
NYC