View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 05:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default My building method discussed w/Dream Series #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
I was wondering about what you have said about past shows and getting your guitars into pairs of hands. I thought maybe some felt intimidated by them, I know I would be if I had no association to this craft. Almost like keeping your voice hushed while in a cathedral, not wanting to draw attention to yourself.
On the quoted subject, a couple of things. First, these shows are generally in big rooms with too many people all talking a playing guitars; no one can hear anyone unless they're standing in front the player. Second, there are usually nearby rooms provided for both privacy and so that one has a slightly better chance of hearing a guitar. I do believe that what makes my guitars superior (if they are) to other guitars is too subtle to be easily observed in the guitar show environment.

I have made a third video from the NCAL tapes. This one is 12 minutes of me talking about my building methods using my not quite done Dream Series #8, a JB-15 in BRW/Italian as the demo.

These videos are entirely extemporaneous, and are not intended to be slick presentations, not unlike my AGF posts.